Saturday, November 12, 2016

A few projects in the kitchen...

I've spent some time working on a few little projects in the kitchen lately.  First I made another batch of cheese, and this one turned out so much better!
 JR got me a gallon of milk with a lot of cream in it for me to work with.
 After letting it sit and firm up, I processed it with some sugar, cranberries and nuts. Delicious! 
Much like cream cheese, but not as smooth. We're using it on bagels anyway, and it's great.

I've been trying to keep up with the peppers from the garden until we get the first freeze. They're still going strong, so I'm chopping and freezing when I get a batch together.
 And last, I've been wanting to try making cranberry wine, but I had to wait until cranberries showed up in the stores. I had some "holiday" wine the last two Christmas seasons that is made by Fat Ass Winery (they are in Fredericksburg, TX.) It is just delicious, so I've been wanting to try myself.  Sadly, this won't be ready to drink until Christmas, 2017, but you have to start somewhere, right?! ha! 
This will sit in the bucket for 5 days (stirring daily) and then strain and move to the carboy. It won't even be bottled for about 4 months, so it's a long term project. Should be just about a gallon.

No comments:

Post a Comment