Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Problem solving....critical thinking!

I just have to brag for a minute.  My 5 year old granddaughter recently caused me to stop and say "WOW" the other day.

We were gathering the eggs from the chicken house and were heading to the turkey pen to pick up the egg that Turk had laid for us.  I have a small white bucket that I usually use to bring them up to the house, and KT had the seven eggs that she had picked out of the layer boxes.  As we were crossing the chicken yard, she stopped and picked up some hay that I had piled in a tire for the chickens to play in.  She emptied the eggs out on to the ground and picked up a few handfuls of hay to line the bucket with.
I asked her what she was doing and she said she was making it so that the eggs wouldn't roll around and break in the bucket!

What?!! I have to tell you, I was just blown away.  It wasn't like we were even talking about broken eggs, or anything like that.  She must have been thinking about that on her own and just started thinking about how she could make it better.  Amazing.  Did I mention that she's 5 and only in Kindergarten?

No comments:

Post a Comment