Thursday, December 17, 2015

Fall Garden Notes, December 17, 2015

Probably the last "Fall" garden update for the year, we're going to switch to "Winter" very soon.  Where has the time gone?
I harvested the first of the lettuce this past week - and I picked the first of the greenhouse tomatoes, too.  So pretty!

 Sleeping Lady tomato
The two plants are covered with green tomatoes!
 The red cherry tomato has bloomed and this plant is about 5 foot tall already.  I'm going to have to start clipping it to the greenhouse side to keep it supported.

That's about it for the garden.  John's been cutting up and stacking wood in the small barn - it's pecan wood from JR's house (he had a tree cut down) and needs to season for a while.

 Today I cleaned up the turkey house -- the compost bin is now filled with good turkey poo and used hay, and the turkey pen smells like newly cut hay.  Nice and clean. Turk and Grey have learned to deal with each other, and I'm able to let them out into the back garden during the day now. All and all, he settled in with us pretty fast.  I'm putting a heat lamp on for them during these freezing nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment