Monday, August 24, 2015

Expensive Two Months....

Does it seem like when one appliance breaks, all the others seem to take a cue from it and curl up their toes and die?  It's been that kind of couple of months for us.  Whew!

First, the vacuum cleaner died. So, it wasn't that great a vacuum cleaner anyway, so we were happy to replace it.  This time we got one of those Dyson multi-floor ball vacuums, and I LOVE it! It's designed for both hardwood and carpet, and it is a great performer.

So then the dishwasher was feeling left out, and decided to die.  Arghhh!!!! Now this is getting expensive.  We replaced it with a Whirlpool stainless, top of the line, since we used this thing every single day and it's worth getting a good one, and heaven knows that I'm not really going to hand wash all of our dishes.  Over $1000.  Sigh.....

Then my food processor died.  A real stinky, burn-y, almost on fire death.  Oh well, I bought this thing factory reconditioned about 10 years ago, so it's given us everything I expected from it, for a lot longer then I expected.  During garden season, I used it several times a week to make salsa, chop cucumbers, and a million other things, and during the holidays it's essential for cooking.  I haven't replaced it yet, but I'm on the look out for another one.

And yesterday, the oven (30 years old, mind you) decided that it has had enough.  We found out just how old fashioned our kitchen is compared to today's bigger kitchens.  It was an oven designed for a 24 inch opening, and today's ovens are much, much, much bigger.  Most new homes now have huge ovens, and some even come with double ovens.  I'm not that kind of cook.  My little oven has done everything I've ever asked of it, and I'm not into a complete kitchen overhaul, so we started looking for a new oven that would fit in our space.  Not easy.  We did find one, stainless to match the dishwasher, but they don't carry it in store.  So we had to order it online.  It will arrive in early September, and another over $1000 gone.  Meanwhile, no baking.  (No problem! ha!)
At this point I'm almost afraid to use any of our appliances for fear that something else will die!  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh, and I didn't even mention that John just HAD to get a new mower last month.....

It never ends....

No comments:

Post a Comment