Saturday, February 28, 2015

RIP Leonard Nimoy, aka the Vulcan, Mr. Spock

John and I were saddened to hear of the passing of Leonard Nimoy on Thursday.  He was such a big part of our "nerdier" side, being so closely associated with his most famous role of Mr. Spock on Star Trek.

As a young teen I watched Star Trek on television with everyone else.  I'm still not sure how this program was ever canceled -- it seemed most everyone I knew watched it.  All the girls loved Captain Kirk, but I was always in love with Mr. Spock.  Tall, dark and handsome, despite his pointy ears.  He was always the voice of reason in space.

We followed Star Trek through its many forms, being in line to see the movies based on the television show for many years, first with the original cast, and then with those familiar faces showing up in guest spots in the latest versions.

I've followed Leonard Nimoy in the past year or so on Twitter and he always, ALWAYS was a positive person in his posts -- a classy actor who knew better then to post anything controversial to tarnish his image.  I admire that, so very much.  After all, it's only logical.

“The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.” 

A wonderful, old school man who lived long and prospered, he will be missed.

PS: I just remembered, there may be hope to clone a new Leonard Nimoy.  Sheldon in Big Bang Theory has his DNA on a napkin that he received from Penny in an episode from a few years ago.  Points if you remembered this!


No comments:

Post a Comment