Saturday, November 1, 2014

My Three Roosters

So somehow we've ended up with three roosters.  Too many, I know....but I'm reluctant to get rid of any of them since they all have their own personality and, so far, they seem to get along fine.  If they do start to fight, I have the old chicken house I can move one of them into if we have to.
This is Harley -- he's the oldest chicken here, a Bantum rooster.  Also, he's in charge of everyone.  The big roosters obey his every wish, at least so far.
Here is Romeo.  He's a lover, not a fighter, a big tall fellow, who comes right up to you when you go in the chicken yard. He's hoping for a handout.
And this is Darryl.  He's beautiful, the tail feathers have gorgeous teal highlights on black feathers.  So far he's the most timid of all of them.  

I enjoy spending time out in the chicken yard with these guys -- they're endlessly amusing and seem to enjoy anyone spending time with them. They love a hand out, so I usually try to take some bread or something out with me when I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment