Sunday, June 23, 2013

Movie Review --- Man of Steel

We saw Man of Steel last week, but I just haven't had time to blog about it....KT's kept us hopping!  I'm a bit tired of the whole Superman thing, they've remade this movie so many times just in my lifetime, I don't know how else they can tell it.  This is a fairly good version, with a handsome guy as the main character. In fact, the casting of the whole movie was well done.
I admire Kevin Costner for knowing how to deal well with his age...he plays Superman's earth dad in this movie and does a good job.  He's embracing the whole "character actor" part of his career, which is a smart move.
If I had one criticism, it would be that many of the fighting (battle?) scenes go on and on for way too long....I found myself thinking, "come on, get it over with"... several times. But in total, I think I'd give it 3 stars....an interesting way to fill a couple of hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment