Friday, March 23, 2012

Another garden in....

I put in the watermelon and pumpkin patch today.  Whew!
There's more to do, as I will have to mulch all around it so that when these things come up and start vining, they will have a place to go.  I'm saving that for tomorrow, I'm tired!






---There are some saved seeds from our trip to the Pumpkin Patch in Medina last October. I saved the seeds from the big white pumpkin that I bought there.
---Then I planted an heirloom pumpkin called Amish Pie.  The packet says they get up to 90 pounds.  Not in Texas, I think, but I could be surprised.
---Next went in two mounds of a watermelon that I purchased from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.  It's called Osh Kirgizia, and its originally from Russia, yellow-lime colored rind (according to the package.)
---And finally a mound of another watermelon from the same seed company.  This one is called Golden Midget, and it's supposed to be ready when the melon turns gold.  The flesh is supposed to be a pinkish-salmon color, about 3 pounds when ready.
Looking forward to the first watermelon!

No comments:

Post a Comment