Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lazy, cold weekend...

Back to winter this weekend.  We've had the fireplace going and I've had to rig up some heat lamps to keep the seedlings warm.  I don't think they're warm enough, but at least they won't die. The larger seedlings there are sunflowers, Hopi Black Oil, that I got from a catalog order and I'm planning for the back of the pavilion.  They came up early and are growing fast.  I have little leeks up and a few lavender (these are coming up VERY slowly, but I'm not giving up on them yet.)  The rest are tomatoes, bunching onions, peanuts, and corkscrew vine that I'm trying from Park Seeds.  It has a pretty white and purple flower.  They haven't shown up yet, but I'm not giving up....yet. 

A little cool weather doesn't seem to bother these feathered visitors.  They have been coming in from all sides.  We saw an unusual woodpecker today we're going to have to look up in our book.  He's got a black cowl around the front, no red or brown head.  Not sure what he is and we couldn't catch him on camera, thanks to Punky, our cat. Drats!
 Waiting his turn....
 Okay, now!
God sure gave them some beautiful color!

No comments:

Post a Comment