Sunday, January 1, 2012

Movie Review --- War Horse

We went to see this movie on New Year's eve.  Not one that I'd normally choose, since I was sure it was going to be a real tear-jerker, but it turned out to be pretty good.  It wasn't as bad as I was sure it was going to be, if that makes sense.
I'd give it about a "3" on a scale from 0 to 5, it had a Disney movie feel to it.  There was a scene where the horse gets caught up in barbed wire, hard to take and I had to hide my eyes for a while, but this scene brought one of the best of the entire movie, where a German soldier and an English soldier work together to free the horse.  The Englishman was played by a familiar face to those of us who love Guy Richie movies - Toby Kebbell.  The interaction between these two soldiers as they worked to free the horse was both funny and touching.

It was a good movie, not the movie of the year, but worth the time (long movie -- about 2 and 1/2 hours long) in the theater. Do take your tissues - you'll need them toward the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment