Friday, December 17, 2010

Been a while... I know....

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted.  I have no excuse except that we kept KT for a week while her parents were off having a grand old time in Boston and New York.  We were having a grand old time here with KT!
No really, it was.
It's just that every bone and muscle in my body has been aching and paining ever since. 
Here's a newsflash....
Taking care of a 10-1/2 month old 23# baby is HARD WORK!!
Even for two people.
Whew!
Double whew!

It's one the floor, off the floor, catch her before she eats the cat food, "no, KT, don't put the string in your mouth!", change the diaper, struggle with the baby so that she will let you put the new diaper on, watch out for what you might find in the diaper, "oh My God, ewwwhueeeu!", fix the food for daycare, don't forget to put the food in the diaper bag (which I did, first day...darn!), clean the bottles, wash the bottles, sterilize the bottles, read the nipple size (3 or 4, not the 2s), don't forget the bottle stopper or you'll have juice all in the diaper bag, refill the bottles, grab the baby, keep the baby from kissing the dog, seperate the baby from the cat before she gets scratched, read to the baby, wash the baby (sigh...this was the only time she was still...she loves the tub! yeah for the tub!), find a cuddly suit for her to sleep in, try to get her feet in it and zip it up before she moves...darn, I'm too slow....feed her the bottle when SHE WANTS IT or else!, konk...she goes out like a light.
Ah....blessed time to myself.....zzzzzz.........
Whatza? Whisszza?? 4am... up and start all over again... oh no!! did anyone make coffee?

Honestly.  I don't know how people do this.  Except that they are much much younger then I am.  And I think I've gotten a bit "spoiled" to having my own time and using it my own way. 

All in all, it was a rewarding and wonderful time, especially when she gives you one of her open mouthed slobbery kisses.  That made everything A-okay again.  And she really is the sweetest child. She's curious about everything, though, and you've got to keep your EYE on her at all times!

KT wondering how to get up the stairs! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment