Thursday, November 25, 2010

Movie Review --- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

The search for the remaining Horcruxes begins... 


I have to tell you, I really enjoyed this latest movie.  I was afraid that it was going to be too much action, all the time, because that's how I remember the book (which I read probably 3 years ago, or more?) but it wasn't.  They allowed the characters plenty of time to move the story along.
I wish I had re-read the book before seeing the movie because I have forgotten so many of the details of the book. Good thing John was there with me, because he remembers a lot more about it then I did.  
Part of the enjoyment of these movies is knowing that I've followed these same characters (and actors) since they were just youngsters, and they've all stuck with it and grown just as their characters have grown.
We lose several of the characters that we've grown to love in this episode, though, as they are all fighting for their lives and for the control of the ministry. Some of my favorite characters weren't even in this one, or were only there for a few seconds.
Farewell, Mad-Eye... farewell, Dobby...
The finale movie will be out in July.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment